Clarksville - Montgomery County Economic Development Council
The Economic Development Council of Montgomery County Tennessee (EDC) is looking for a Junior Accountant with a four-year degree in accounting and at least two years of experience
- College degree in accounting (required).
- 2-5 years of experience in accounting (highly preferred).
- Accounting experience with non-profit organization (preferred).
- Proficient with Accounts Receivable and General Ledger software modules
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Good writing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Experience with Government/Fund Accounting
- State/Federal Grant Writing experience
Generally speaking, the Junior Accountant is charged with the responsibility of assisting in the administration of the financial and accounting affairs of the EDC, its member entities, and the Aspire Clarksville Foundation (Aspire) under the direction of the EDC’s Director of Finance, in accordance with related Board Policy, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, applicable law, and the direction of the related Executive Director. He/She will also play key roles in the EDC’s mission to provide other support services to its member entities and Aspire.
- Input, report, and reconciliation of all assigned Accounts Receivable operations, which will include invoicing and minimal collection efforts
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements and other reports
- Conduct various Month-End Close procedures, including reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Reconcile Bank statements
- Limited General Journal Entry preparation
- Reporting Sales Tax collections
- Account for State (and other) grant activities, which will include overseeing draws, reconciliation with General Ledger balances, administering related internal controls, and some limited grant application work
- Maintain accurate inventories of assets and merchandise
- Administering and monitoring several internal control activities
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets
- Preparation for and compliance with annual audits of all entities
- Coordinate with Cash Receipt and Point-of-Sale operations to produce accurate reports on receipts and receivables
- Support reception desk operations
- Prepare documentation of some procedures
- Perform other duties that may be assigned.
The Junior Accountant reports directly to the EDC’s Director of Finance and Administration and will be compensated based upon applicant qualifications ($32k - $42k plus full benefits package).
Send cover letter with compensation requirements and resume to:
Clarksville-Montgomery County EDC
Attn: HR Director
25 Jefferson Street, Suite 300
Clarksville, TN 37040
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org