2005-2008: Aspire Clarksville III
Breaking New Ground for Business
In the fall of 2004, the Clarksville-Montgomery County Economic Development Council took action to move the Aspire Clarksville program into a foundation and call it The Aspire Clarksville Foundation. In August 2005, the Internal Revenue Service officially granted the Foundation its 501c3 designation retro-active to the beginning of the Aspire III Campaign. This new IRS designation has enabled the Foundation to be considered for grants that it would not have otherwise been able to apply for.
William S. Stuard, Jr., Campaign Chairman
- Created 6,674 new jobs
- Recruited 5 new companies, including Dow Corning Corporation and Hemlock Semiconductor L.L.C.
- Created $2.65 billion in new facilities capital investment
- Created $480 million in existing facilities expansion investment
- Increased per capita income to $35,232
- Created $2.1 Billion in Retail sales
- Created $150 million in tourism revenue